Sunday, August 2, 2009

Statement of purpose/ Welcome!


The Diplomaniac!

Combating totalitarianism and terrorism by endorsing dialogue with totalitarians and terrorists since 2009

Testimonials:

“After reading The Diplomaniac! I get it now that encouraging peaceful dialogue between Hamas and the Knesset is a kick ass idea! And I’m the guy who brokered a badass peace deal between the Irish and the English in the nineties, and those guys were drunk!”
-George Mitchell, US special envoy to the Middle East*

“After reading The Diplomaniac! I am finally getting the idea that you can’t spread democracy with bombs. You spread democracy with cash.”
-Barack Hussein Obama, President of the United States of America*

Welcome! This site is for those interested in geopolitics and the politics of peace. But this is not a site for peaceniks or hippies. We are here to discuss realistic solutions to some of the more pressing, complex and dangerous conflicts conflicting the world today. Think of it as a think tank that welcomes any and all intelligent and belligerent views and opinions, just like the Council on Foreign Relations! That is if you like your NGO’s without elitism, cronyism, stuffiness, or massive monetary personal interests.

I find the Middle East fascinating, as both a culturally spectacular and a profoundly troubled part of the world. For example, a seemingly well intentioned act, such as the International Criminal Court (ICC) issuing a warrant against Sudanese president Omar al-Bashir, can profoundly effect Iranian and Israeli politics, in turn effecting Russian, Chinese and American interests, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of Sudanese lives it immediately puts at risk.

The main reason I find this stuff so interesting and dire is that I see a discombobulating dichotomy between the now defunct Responsibility to Protect doctrine, in this case the issue of the Darfuris, and the possible severe global consequences that may occur if western nations try to intervene. From popular and official support of the ICC warrants against Bashir, to possible military intervention being called for by the all-too-undereducated and frustrated Save Darfur Coalition, the Iraqi war has left the US and the western world in an almost impossible situation regarding conflict resolution in the Middle East.

To paraphrase Defense Secretary Robert Gates, “We’re not setting one armed foot in any more Muslim countries, even if they are indiscriminately slaughtering their own people. Were trying to AVOID World War III here people, not start it.”

So if you agree or disagree with my ideals on the ICC warrants and their geopolitical consequences, then this site is for you. You are most welcome to the debate.

There is much to discuss, and pushing forward one step at a time, dealing with the issues as they come, is both the most interesting and depressing discussion I can endure. And I hope you people enjoy my writing, I’m trying to make politics and IR palatable, because serious people dealing with serious issues seriously can also have a sense of pathos and humor, they just tend to not let it show in their work.

Oh, and 911 truthers and NWO conspiracy theorists, please take the time to take a basic political science or international relations course at your local community college before spending time here. To quote Michael Jackson- “Ignorant people calling others ignorant is ignorant.”

Translation: Richard Haass is not a psychic vampire bent on world domination, he's a well-informed intellectual powerhouse. Globalization is not a conspiracy, it’s a sociological and technological trend. And just because I don’t think the Bush administration blew up the towers doesn’t mean I don’t think they are war criminals. You people are lobotomizing the internet.

For all others, check back soon for my new article, a study of Arab-Israeli relations titled “Poking Intelligent Diplomacies Dead Rotting Corpse with the Sharp Stick of Zionist Doom: An Analysis of Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Leibermen”

Or my next article “Bad Secretary of Treasury Picks: Great Sex with Jeffery Sachs, and Why I Think Timothy Geithner has a Small Penis”


-Ian


The Diplomaniac!

Kicking ass for peace since 2009



* These “testimonials” are completely fake. I made them up for satirical purposes; they only represent my sense of humor. I’m hoping to make this a gimmick or theme on this site. These people have never read my stuff, though one day I hope they do.

That said, I’ve been asked “Did George Mitchell really say that?” And even “Did Obama really say that?”

NO! It’s a joke!

I will be putting a lot of legitimate quotes in here, and a lot of fake ones to point out hypocrisy, my feelings on broken promises, doublespeak and my disappointments with some of our leaders tendencies not to say what they are really thinking, or what needs to be said. Maybe this is a sticky legal issue, but a lot of this is satire. I’m trying to stimulate debate and encourage interest in political discussion by making it interesting and slightly eccentric and goofy. My intention is not to slander or misrepresent anyone. The legal issues are pretty obvious: The people v Larry Flint


No comments:

Post a Comment