Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hack Iran: My favorite Political Cause

My Favorite Political Cause:

HACK IRAN: Give the People What They Want

I’m gonna be as subtle here as possible, because until I get what I want, which is freedom for the people of Iran, the only way that ordinary American, European, etc. citizens can help in real time, with real direct consequences that actually make a difference is to break international law, sort of.

I’m talking about that time honored tradition of us internet dorks that is known as “hacking”.

I’m going to say this up front and I find myself saying it often: I am not a hacker. Even if I was I wouldn’t admit to it.

For the most part, on principle alone I deplore hacking. I know its fun to create havoc, pick up bragging rights, steal shit, spy on people, do favors for friends, get information that is sensitive/illegal etc. But I believe in breaking the law only in extremely moral or forgettably unimportant circumstances like drinking on the beach or sleeping with sixteen year olds.

But there is one exception to this: Skirting around the law and hacking into/corrupting/generally fucking with the Iranian “governments” cyber network. I consider this an ethical issue; because I think it is everyone that lives in a free societies duty and best interest to promote the freedoms of the downtrodden and repressed.

So technically hacking into a foreign government’s website is illegal, but considering that the Iranian government has no credibility at this point, fuck ‘em. They could have had an internationally monitored election and they could have listened to the will of their people. They not only proved that they are not worthy of governing, they proved that they aren’t even worthy of calling themselves a theocracy, with all the killing of innocent students, torturing political dissidents, and their continual use of the Koran as an excuse to shit on humanity.

And since our government can’t do anything but sit back and give moral support and do that cool CIA stuff under the table, it’s up to us citizens with no ties to the CIA etc. to lend in a helping hand. I read a blog recently that categorized a three tier system for those who want to help. These categories were Support, Advocate, and my favorite: Cyber Warrior.

I’ll try to find the link so I don’t have to reiterate on his categorizations and to support his site. Anyways, I love showing my support on mine and others sites, showing up to rallies, having sex with Iranian expatriates, following and spreading info on daily turmoil in Iran.

And beyond that, I say to all those with the skills: FUCK THE IRANIAN GOVERNMENT! Hack the shit out of those bastards, participate in the next targeted dos attack window, spy and record those police and public webcams (during the next organized rally that will inevitably end up in violence, which is almost every day at this point), and spend less time masturbating.

Hack away America! Our government won’t publicly condone it, but they also won’t charge you with a crime if you’re just being patriotic!

-Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment